Who Dat Lookin' Back at Me??


Malachi was wandered into the kids bathroom while I was brushing Nacho's hair yesterday morning and asked a strange question.

"Um...um..who put dat dere..?" He pointed toward the sink.

I tried to follow his line of vision and asked, "The sink...?"

He shook his little head emphatically and pointed again. "No. Dat light(right) dere."

I squatted and tried to see what he could possibly be talking about, lol.

He saw me trying to understand and he clarified, "That light(right) dere that I see you..."

I pointed to the mirror, "You mean the mirror?"

He nodded, big, brown, inquisistive eyes wide.

I picked the brush back up and started combing tangles out of Nacho's bedhead(with not too little squealing and whining, I might add..I threatened to shave his head like daddy's and he quited down substantially)

"The builder did, baby."

He thought about it a minute, "Why he do dat?"

"Hmm...well, so we could make sure that we look nice before we leave to go somewhere...or maybe if we have a boo boo that we cant see, we can look and see it in the mirror...and we need to see how to brush our teeth to make sure we get them all clean..."

He was succesfully satisfied, but his question sat with me....like there was something heavier than just simple childish curiosity in it.

Who put the mirror in the house and why?

Then my mind traveled a road I have been traveling on alot lately.  The builder...the house...the Builder...the House.

Have you ever heard the term, 'the mirror of the soul' ?

I have.

Who put that there?

The Builder.

Why did He do that?

So we could check our reflection before we venture out each day to make sure our reflection is acceptable.

Sadly, you and I have ALL seen those who have VERY OBVIOUSLY not checked their reflection in a while. I have been so guilty of it. Hahaha!

You know, haha...When you look in the mirror and physically startle at the reflection staring back at you, lol.

Several of my friends have lost friend points for letting me go that long without telling me to check it, haha.

Hair looking a hot mess...or make up looking like Gene Simmons...or the dreaded, big ole make up line across the jawline...  piece of broccolli stuck in your teeth in a VERY conspicuous place...or a crusty left over from a sandwich stuck just south of the corner of your mouth...

SOMEbody help a sistah out, okay??

Spiritually speaking? How often do we do this. head right on out into the world ignoring the mirror that God placed within us to check our reflection...?


To make sure we are reflecting HIS nature and not our TAKE on His nature...
 
His love and not our TAKE on His love...
 
His glory and not our watered down version of His glory...
 

And why is it that we are so afraid of offending someone, that we don't ask our brothers and sisters, when they are getting a little sloppy, if they've checked their reflection lately?

We should be the FIRST ones to help each other out...

Sometimes I think its fear...

Other times I think we just get a kick out of seeing our sisters and brothers, who apparently have it all together MOST of the time, get humiliated...just once...

Being real here.

Just like that person who has obviously sat in something and we just snicker and walk away.



Just random thoughts.



Maybe, I'll check my reflection a little more.

Only the ones who are jealous of my reflection will say its vanity.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's a Herd of Wild Elephants Running Thru My House!

ChugChugChug-Diggidah-Diggidah-DOMMMMMMMM

The Name of The Game Is Slayer...