Waiting to Exhale...


Had a revelation on the way to Griffin this morning.

I was thinking about breathing.

Then He says, "I made you in my image. You're just like Me. I breathe too."

"Really?...hmm..I guess I never thought of it that way before..."

I was thoughtful for a moment.

Haha, knowing Him like I do, I knew He wanted me to ask Him the question so He could show me something...so I chuckled and did.

"So how does that work?"

I could feel Him smile as he breathed on me. I inhaled the precious peace of His presence and exhaled the stress of my morning.

"See?"

Still not quite catching it, I kinda nodded and then that nod turned into a head shake, "yeeaaah..no."

"You inhale and exhale." He explained. "And so do I...When you exhale, I take in everything that you have exhaled...stress, anger, fear, pain, worry, FLESH.  I inhale it...regenerating it...refreshing it...making it new...giving it My life. When I exhale, you then inhale all that is Me. Its a constant flowing exchange between us. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale..."

I was really kind of astonished...I mean, I have NEVER thought of it that way, but it made perfect sense!!

Before I could respond, He continued, "The sad thing is that sometimes, you hold your breath."

WHAT?! NO I DON'T!!

Well...maybe I do.

"You decide that you aren't ready to let that stale air out of your lungs...you like that flesh, sometimes, and you refuse to exhale it."

I was silent.

"The problem is, that #1) I love you and it hurts me to see you suffocating because you refuse to exhale and inhale. #2) You aren't the only one suffocating. It suffocates the move of My Spirit in your life...When I can't inhale your exhale....it hurts us both."

Oh, Abba...I'm so sorry...You are so right....Help me to breathe.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's a Herd of Wild Elephants Running Thru My House!

ChugChugChug-Diggidah-Diggidah-DOMMMMMMMM

The Name of The Game Is Slayer...