Googlybear's Perception


I was snuggled up with Nacho, today, watching one of his fave movies...Monsters, Inc., and I noticed something I never really paid attention to before. 

Mike's perceptive.

You know? That little squirt is drama at times...gets worked up pretty quickly. Kinda aggrivating, BUT something else? He's loyal, he's a hopeless romantic, and the MAIN thing that really jumped out at me happened at these moments in the movie:


and...



In BOTH places, when he had his chance for fame and recognition for all his hard work, something blocked his identity from being realized by the viewer and reader, lol. Poor guy.

But what I love the most about this is that in both instances, his friends expected him to be upset about it...and when he gasped, they immediately began to encourage him...but oh no...

He was far from upset about it, haha. He was COMPLETELY jazzed that he was "on the COVER OF A MAGAZINE!!!" and that he had been on a commercial.

I think about how many times we are so very unlike this little monster...We look at our accomplishments as trophies and expect recognition of some sort. We want to be 'seen'.  If something like what happened to Mike would have happened to US? We would've been TICKED. Why??

Because no one could see our faces.

But is it really about us?

Mike CHOSE to see it for what it was. A super honor to have been recognized at all...to have been chosen...no one had to pick him for those things, but they did and he didn't need the world to see that he had been chosen for that to be completely STOKED about the opportunity.

We have a choice. We can choose to see things in the negative or we can choose to see it like Mike. 

For me? Personally? I choose to be super excited about the opportunities that are sent my way whether or not I ever get 'seen' or 'recognized' for it.

After all...Its not about me, anyway. :)

It's all about Him. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

There's a Herd of Wild Elephants Running Thru My House!

ChugChugChug-Diggidah-Diggidah-DOMMMMMMMM

The Name of The Game Is Slayer...