Good GRIEF, Little Girl!!


This is Lily. (aka Buglet)

She's 1.

She's into EVERYTHING.


This morning, after the craziness of getting 4 out of 6 of the spawn to school, I plopped down at my computer to check my emails, send some emails, and listen to some songs from our worship lineup for the month of September (which btw is off the CHAIN...gotta love when your practice time is your throw down worship time too, lol).

All the while, Buglet is steadily exploring her environment. I've locked up the cabinets that contain dangerous materials and closed the doors that lead to places she doesn't belong, so her exploration is safe for her.

Then I realized that, sometime during the night...


This little one mutated.


Yes...at some point while the house was in deep slumber, a cosmic anomaly caused a disruption in the atmoshpere of her bedroom and she awakened, Mr. Fantastic's daughter.

Things that were out of her reach yesterday...?

Yeah. Today?

Notsomuch.

I mean, coffee cup on the table, bible stacked up on computer paper on a different part of the table, the printer, pens, pack of computer paper, books on shelves, silverware drawer, laundry basket with FOLDED clothes, guitar amps, guitars in cases, antique shot glasses on the hall table....


WHAT IN THE WORLD!!


Everytime I would sit back down from the LAST intervention, she would find something else to give me a heartattack over. And suddenly I realized..


I need to rethink this explorative environment...


So, being a good mommy, things that I'm using, I push further out of reach and things I am NOT using, I put away in a secure place.

Why? 

#1) Because I love her and I don't want her to get her hands on something that could hurt her.

#2) Because she was driving me NUTS!

So here she is, too little to reach what she really wants, but from the right angle, she can still SEE it...and it FRUSTRATES her.

So what does she do?

Why, she raises her chubby little arms to me and smiles...and of course her momma obliges her because that precious smile melts her momma's heart.

And then safely tucked in my lap, she is satisfied and happy because she's now with in reach of what she wanted to get her curious little paws on, lol.


But I'm ok with being used. Haha.


There in my lap, she can reach and with my help she can taste, touch, and play where she couldnt reach and didnt have access to before. But once she's seen it all and touched it all...when she can't actually HAVE it all by herself, she loses interest and squirms to get back down and back into things she shouldnt be messing with, lol.


And then....


My own Abba says:

"I love it when you get tired of trying to reach things that are too 'big' for you on your own, and you turn to me. Your eyes smiling. Your arms open. Asking to be held...And it melts My heart. I don't mind to be used."

I catch my breath.

"As much as I safeguard you and make your environment safe for you to explore, you are constantly growing...constantly reaching...oh, how I love your reach...and constantly I'm protecting you from what is too mature for you on your own. There will be a time when you are grown and you are ready to take hold of those things out of reach...but until then..."

Tears form in my eyes.

"There is a table set before you, my precious little one. Things that will satisfy your reaching...things that are wonderful are there...but you arent quite 'big' enough yet to reach it on your own with out making a mess, hurting yourself, and becoming discouraged."

I feel Him lift me into the lap of His presence.

"Here, little one....here is what you could barely see on YOUR level....here is what you are reaching for. Let me help you with it...it's a grown up thing that you need my help with and you can't reach it...you can't gain access to it unless you are sitting with Me and My hand is guiding the cup that you drink, My eyes are watching the creation that you color, so earnestly and innocently, that will very soon be put on display for all to see....You can stay here, if you like."

I feel Him smile.

"It's all yours...and as you grow... as your reach grows, My precious daughter...if you will allow me...so your understanding will grow, as will your ability to handle all the grown up things on My table... and others will come to you to be the access point to the good things of Me. If you will allow Me to hold you, here in My lap...at My table...And if you do not struggle to get back down into a place where you can not see clearly, nor can you reach....a place where you are tempted to get into everything that is not safe nor was it designed for you....You will be satisfied, small one. My arms...You were made to fit in them perfectly. Stay here...with Me...A little longer..."

Yeah. Weepin' MESS.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's a Herd of Wild Elephants Running Thru My House!

ChugChugChug-Diggidah-Diggidah-DOMMMMMMMM

The Name of The Game Is Slayer...