Random...HA! I Never Thought Of It That Way!




Ex 6: 2-3

 2"God also said to Moses, 'I am the Lord. 3I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD, I did not make myself known to them..."

Ex 15:1 - 18

1 Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the LORD:

"I will sing to the LORD , for he is highly exalted. The horse and its rider he has hurled into the sea. 2The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God and I will exalt him. 3The LORD is a warrior; the LORD is his name..."   etc...

Here's where I find the humor:

God tells Moses that he has never revealed himself as "The Lord" to anyone before Moses...So its a 'new' way of relating to God...a new name...

He(God) delivers his people from slavery and they sing this song..(Ex15:1-18)...a new song of praise relating to a newly revealed identity of God...

THE VERY FIRST CONTEMPORARY  WORSHIP SONG!!!

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem. Sorry. Just the way my brain works.....annnnndwe'removingon.

Comments

  1. pshahaha...this cracks me up...cant you just NOT hear the older generation fussing about the new and the younger generation fussin about the old...I mean God just OPENED A SEA..hahaha...no body CARED what they called Him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

There's a Herd of Wild Elephants Running Thru My House!

ChugChugChug-Diggidah-Diggidah-DOMMMMMMMM

The Name of The Game Is Slayer...