Can I just be real with y'all for a bit? Really? Ok, thanks. I've wanted to talk about this for a long time, now, but I needed to make sure my heart was healed before I tackled trying to verbalize what happened to me and what it did to me....Because bleeding hearts can be dangerous weapons. I thank Papa God for the community of believers He led our family to after all had happened, for it was there that He told me that my heart was broken and that I had had my identity stripped from me and that I needed to be reminded of who I was. Facing my pain and insecurities that came as a result of mistaken identity, false accusations, and underlying agendas was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, outside of facing sexual abuse from my childhood. Realizing and understanding fully that you have been manipulated for one's own purposes by people you love and trust is devastating...IF you aren't surrounded by those who love you for who you are (not what yo...
So, Many of you know that I've been on a journey to health and fitness. It's a journey that started years ago and one that I got lazy in for many reasons that I won't go into, here. But about 3.5 months ago, I had a pretty rude awakening. I was heavier than I had ever been in my life, even though most people would say that they never considered me obese. I began to be short of breath, even when I wasn't exerting myself, and I started having more and more frequent mild chest pains. My ankles and legs pretty much stayed swollen and I was just exhausted all of the time. My asthma had really started acting up again, too. Papa God had been talking to me for about six or eight months about my health and wellness. I would listen to Him with my heart and then start full force. I would work out so hard and eat better, but then...Cheat day....That turned into cheat days... I rationalized that this was ok because I was working out so hard... It wasn't ...
Ok..so I admit it. I adore Gordon Ramsey. Every show he has made, I will locate every season and, like the food channel groupie that I am, will watch as many episodes as I can squeeze into a 24 hour period...Usually when the kids are in bed or gone because his sailor mouth is no where NEAR as refined as his palate. O_o LAWD! Abba actually told me it was perfectly FINE to be so addicted to these shows... I'm lying. No, He didn't. So ANYWHO, in September, the hubster had a myelogram (http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/myelogram-16147) on a Thursday and had a pretty rough time...thus the first half of this bloggage being written while sitting in the waiting room at the hospital.. Once we got him home FINALLY...(It was a ROUGH trip from Macon to home...literally vomiting every 5 miles) He was in our bedroom and I was sitting in the living room with the littles trying to keep the noise level down for his sake...when all of a sudden I hear this man, hootin...
Comments
Post a Comment